Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life is a mission


As I was driving by a church in my neighbourhood I saw a sign that said: "Make your life a mission, not an intermission."

A simple statement yet very powerful at the same time.

One thing I know for sure is that I am here, on this lovely planet, for a purpose. I am grateful that, with age and experience, I have come to know how I can make a difference in the world. Every twist and turn of my life has prepared me for what I need to do now.

I used to have many personas, the Sylvie at work, the Sylvie at home, the Sylvie with the extended family, and the Sylvie at rest (whom you very rarely saw...) I am happy to say that more and more who I am and how I present myself to the world are the one and the same. That is what I call being authentic.

Recently, I did an exercise to select my top 3 values. I sorted and sifted through a deck of cards containing hundred of value words. It was really tough to get it down to my top three. Authenticity is one of my core life values. Interestingly enough, I think that helping people find and express their authentic selves is also my life mission.

I see my life purpose as creating openings for people's spirits to emerge and flourish.

Have you reflected on the big "Why am I here" question lately...or ever? Is the life you are living in congruence with your own unique "why"? Or has life been a long intermission up to now. Just going along for the ride? To paraphrase Dr. Phil, "How is that working for you?"

I will be away on a business trip for a while - next posting will be the week of July 25.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete